How do I prepare for Micro Needling
Preparing for a Micro Skin Needling treatment.
To get the very best results from your Micro Skin Needling treatment (CIT) we recommend that you:
- Exfoliate the skin 2 – 3 times prior to treatment 2 – 3 days apart (unless advised not to by our therapist). This helps to remove dead skin cells and improve results.
- Try to increase your intake of water and fresh fruit and vegetables. Berries are particularly high in antioxidants so great prior to treatment.
- Take the recommended dose of skin supportive vitamin supplements such as Vitamins A, C, E and Zinc. Aloe Vera juice is beneficial. This will also help support the body’s healing response after CIT.
- Clients with a history of cold sores may experience a flare up and should take a Lysine preparation prior to treatment. A topical anti-viral preparation may also be used.
- If you need to wear make-up after your treatment, it’s important to only use a mineral makeup for 3 days after treatment. Please note that it is recommended that no make-up is applied for 12 hours after needling.
- For your aftercare please ensure that you have good skin products. That is, cleanser, moisturiser and sunblock that do not contain ingredients such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamine C (in a low pH formula). Chemical free products are also preferable after treatment to support the body’s natural healing response. Supportive post treatment, as well as maintenance skin care products are available at the clinic, and can be purchased on the day of your treatment if you don’t have appropriate products.
Micro Skin Needling Therapy Treatment Preparation also known as CIT Collagen Induction Therapy.